Code Review Checklist
1. Is there sufficient documentation of BPD and Service Artifacts is there and color coding by type of tasks
4. Is appropriate usage of caching there
5. Is a Unit Test harness built for each task and integration service
6. Is sufficient Error Handling in place both at service and BPD level
7. What logging mechanism has been used and is sufficient logging there with appropriate logging levels set i.e. info, debug, error, alert
8. Is there direct access to Process DB (Product DB), it should be only when absolutely necessary since upgrades and migrations may not go through with Product DB changes
9. Is Performance DB being leveraged, has sizing of PDW database needs been done
10. Is NOLOCK being used for SQL calls
11. Is string concatenation used or StringBuffer
12. what is unit tested load time in Development environment per task and integration
13. Is parametrized query for sql statements being used
14. Is every message on UI and BPD and task attributes connected to a central resource bundle so that they can be changed centrally
15. Is there hard coding of Environment specific variables e.g. hostname, port number, webservice endpoint etc. or they are in the environment configuration of the application
16. Is there a maintenance shutdown for the Process Application feature implemented
18. Are there validation errors in the Process Application
19. Is all the static data appropriately cached, and key based caching used for partially cacheable data
20. Are there default values set/accidentally left out for service input and output variables
22. Are Artifacts appropriately tagged with Company identifier and type of service
23. Are all the naming conventions adhered to
24. Are decision services being used for business decisions and routing where appropriate
25. If copies of existing controls are made they should be placed in a separate toolkit not mixing up with the Process Application code
26. Is the business data and process data appropriately bundled in context variables at BPD level so that minimal modifications to BPD is needed if additional data elements need to be added.
27. Is autotracking turned off in BPDs
28. Is save execution context checked on
29. Is there service exposure appropriately defined e.g. Admin Services vs Portal Services vs Dashboards
30. Is the exposure of services properly governed by teams and no accidental "All Users" exposures are there.
31. Is only minimal necessary Business Data exposed.
32. Are reusable artifacts e.g. Domain Business Objects, Generic Utility Dashboards etc. properly classified in toolkits.